Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Cleaning up fire damage shouldn’t be taken lightly. We don’t take it lightly here at SERVPRO. From a small kitchen fire to a large warehouse fire, we are the #1 fire restoration company in West Valley City. Let us give you the peace of mind that your home and business will have the best care during fire cleanup and restoration. We only use the best fire cleanup procedures because we want to live up to our standard of being the best. Our local fire cleanup team works and communicates daily with the insurance carriers covering the loss. When your home or business suffers a fire ask your insurance company to send SERVPRO. We are the most trusted brand in the fire restoration industry.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (801) 975-1305
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.