5 Facts About Mold Remediation
When you own commercial property in West Valley City, UT, there are a few basic things you need to know to keep you building safe and in good working order. Understanding how mold growth happens is a vital part of managing your property well. Here are a few facts that every building owner needs to understand about the dreaded fungus.
5 Things You Should Know About Mold
1. You cannot remove all mold from your building. Mold spores travel inside every time the door opens. It attaches to shoes, clothes, bags and hair. It doesn't necessarily become a problem until it starts to form patches.
2. You may smell mold before you can see it. When mold begins to collect on surfaces, it gives off a musty odor. Even if it's hidden under carpet or in air ducts, you may know it's there because of the smell.
3. Mold needs moisture to thrive. Mold growth can happen anywhere there is excess moisture in your building. Spores from the air land and start to form fuzzy patches.
4. Humidity can trigger a mold problem. Even moisture in the air can lead to a mold problem. The indoor humidity should stay below 50% at all times in order to deter growth. Keep high humidity at bay by using dehumidifiers and keeping your building well ventilated.
5. Mold can start growing on damp materials in as little as a day. Water damage specialists respond quickly to calls for repair because they know that even the smallest delay could lead to secondary damage such as mold. The faster they repair the damage caused by flooding, the less likely a mold problem is to develop.
Good management of your commercial property entails knowing all the problems that could befall it. Knowing how to recognize and even prevent mold growth can help you keep your building in good shape and help you train employees or tenants how to assist in the preventative maintenance process.